2018 FALL SEASON IS NOW OPEN!
You are about to enter the motion picture industry's premier "short screenplay" competition. If you have a project of 30 pages or less, this is where JUDGES currently engaged in the film industry will measure your work against professional Hollywood standards.
Submit to the contest for the standard Entry Fee
Submit to the contest and receive 3 pages of major Hollywood studio-style coverage with a 10-point professional analysis of character, conflict, marketability, dialogue, emotional investment, theme/premise, pacing, structure/plot, tone, and concept.
Submit to the contest and receive a comprehensive 6-10 pages of professional grade Hollywood studio-style analysis that includes a multi-perspective 10-point Analysis plus a detailed appraisal by one or more of the senior judges on the panel. This is the most highly regarded and complete analysis available in the film & television industry.
- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only, between July 1, 2018 and November 31, 2018.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Submitted scripts must be received on or before the deadlines and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). All writers must be credited on title page.
- If a writing team is chosen as a winner, prizes will be given to the writer submitting the project. Each team is responsible for dividing or sharing the prize money, with no direction from L.A. International Screenplay Awards administrators, staff, or judges.
- Revisions, rewrites, addenda, or substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are accepted upon payment of a discounted administrative fee.
- By using our service, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
- All copyright, ownership and derivative rights to the material submitted to L.A. International Screenplay Awards remains with the original rights holders and/or author.
- All writers, without regard to age, gender, country of origin, native language, or sexual preference at least 18 years of age are eligible.
- The material submitted must be in English.
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests is eligible.
- There are no limitations or restrictions as to date of authorship.
- The material submitted must not be encumbered by any obligation to, or option held by, any third party prior to entering the competition.
- All Short scripts are eligible, whether or not they are produced, optioned, or encumbered.
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- No limitations regarding title page content. Title and name of writer and contact information on cover page is recommended.
- Adaptations of source material or other literary work must be properly referenced and credited.
- Any short script submission that exceeds 30-pages will be disqualified.
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF digital file.
How Will Your Script Be Judged?
The L.A. International Screenplay Awards judging panel includes professional writers, agents, producers, and executives; the studios and companies with which they are affiliated are in no way official sponsors or endorsers of these Awards. The top finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria: originality, story, characterization, dialogue, current marketability, and overall writing quality. Official Selection awards finalists will be notified by email and may be contacted by interested industry representatives, such as managers, agents or producers. Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist in the judges’ verification of eligibility. Grand Prize and 2nd Place Winner announcements will be made within two weeks following final submission deadline. Finalists may be required to sign and return within seven (7) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release and Indemnification and any other documents that L.A. International Screenplay Awards may require before receiving prize payment. Failure to respond to the initial notification within ten (10) days or return of notification will result in disqualification. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP
L.A. International Screenplay Awards or any other partner, employee or agent associated with these awards claims no ownership in, nor first right of option to, any original screenplay submitted to us. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.
All fees submitted are non-refundable.
SUBMISSION CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
BY SUBMITTING YOUR MATERIALS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS. You agree to release and hold harmless L.A. International Screenplay Awards, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, prize contributors, judges, screenplay readers, sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting your submission of material, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s submission of materials and/or acceptance or use or misuse of prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the L.A. International Screenplay Awards and its sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize. Employees of L.A. International Screenplay Awards and their immediate families are ineligible to submit materials. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law. Voided submission fees will be refunded. Recipients’ eligibility will be verified before the grant is awarded and the winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility.